Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 9


I love the sight of the Christmas star (poor picture) on top of the grain elevator at the farm just around the corner from our neighborhood. I passed it this evening on the way home from our music lessons, errands, and school pick-up. It sends me immediately back to Vermont and my childhood and trips home to visit Grandma and staying overnight at my dear friend's house, looking out her window into the black, black night (no cities nearby) and seeing across the fields the bright shining light of the star on the Boyden's tallest blue silo. Somehow this star still brings a very warm and comforting feeling just like when I was a child.

We had another day of school -- this time we watched some of Gershwin's opera "Porgy and Bess". There was time to do a little desk work before leaving for the errands and I did make myself stop for a cup of tea and some leftover birthday pecan pie just before we left. Yum!

We ended our day with Bible study and fellowship with friends. And now I'm debating whether to sit in bed and knit or cut out the pattern for Laura's Christmas present.....

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

I hope your birthday was tip-top awesome, pretty girl! You are the best teacher! Your kids are blessed!