Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Tea Trolley

The most exciting thing around here which concerns tea is my newly improved pantry!!!! In order to hide water softener pipes which used to be in Michael's office we needed to knock a hole in my current small pantry and, to make wise use of the space, turn the area under the stairs into an enlarged storage area. In the process Michael kindly painted my pantry a nice green to match the kitchen and he painted my china shelf a deep cream. I'm so pleased with the results!!!!


Not only that but Michael built me shelving to line the walls of the new addition. Now I can walk in and grab tea cozies, china, or extra fruit. It is so much better than having things shoved in cupboards and drawers and thus not so useable.


And now for the reason I have china and tea cozies..... A friend for lunch called for scones and the opening of a special jar of jam.


Imagine my delight to find this surprise package of tea in the mail one day!!!!! A friend in England sent Christina and me packets of all kinds of Twinings tea!!!!


I use my glass tea holder pretty much everyday. It normally has a strainer popped into the top so I can enjoy loose leaf tea. Here it is at a soccer game, helping me to relax after a busy day.


And one day Laura came up with this little coffee maker invention out of her own legos.


This teabag was designed in Beatrix Potter colors! And even the flavor and description go along with her precious stories.


Sometimes there is nothing else like apple pie. It's that time of year!


We also enjoyed homemade pies at a friend's earlier this month. Homemade sour cherry pie from a tree in their own yard is awfully hard to beat!


Every fall I make my favorite Roman Apple Cake. Everyone loves it!


Here's a snapshot of my weekly tea with my neighbor -- gluten free banana madelines invented by my friend on the spur of the moment:


 I helped to host a baby shower for a missionary friend this month. We made shortbread for the favors. Yum, yum!!!!


The shower was a tri-country theme, representing the three cultures that this new baby will be growing up with -- American, Ugandan, and Scottish.

Here is the Scottish room:


And this was our American room:


And here is the Ugandan room with the tropical punch:


And here is the celebrated baby himself!!!!


In an interesting set of circumstances this lovely set ended up in my trunk free of charge! It was a special gift from God! Now we have enough seating on our back patio for our entire family (7) and this makes a lovely place to sit down for a cup of tea.


And one more tea setting from another lunch with a friend -- gf buckwheat scones with fig butter and, have you seen the Rooibos Pumpkin Spice tea from Trader Joe's?!!! It is GOOD!


And now it is time to wind down the week and prepare for the Lord's Day tomorrow, anticipating worship, fellowship with friends and family, (tea!!!!), and the Lord's Supper -- our first taste of heaven here on earth. Happy weekend to you all!

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Wow! That's a whole lot of pretty (the entire post!) I wish I had a shortbread party favor! So cute! So good, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pom Pom - a whole lot of pretty! My mouth is watering! And that tri-national party looks amazing. I don't know where you get all the energy from, Heather. What a blessing you are to your family and those around you!

Stephanie said...

So many wonderful things, I don't think I can comment on them individually. ;-) Baked goods look yummy as usual and thanks for tea suggestions. DH has been wanting some with the change in temps.

Stephanie said...

PS - I see the Roman apple cake is from the same Cooks Next Door post as the Roasted Squash and Sausage Pasta recipe. I just made that pasta last week!