Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26


Well, our "blizzard" turned into a mere 5 inches, but it was still fun to sit at home and relax and drink more tea and try to stay warm. My mom stuck around until late afternoon when she felt the roads would be driveable. I slowly moved around picking things up and tidying the house. We had tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch and then a neighbor popped in to spend the afternoon chatting and drinking tea. An hour later her husband joined us and an hour after that another neighbor. They kindly sent us firewood and blankets after they left and then I heated up leftovers for dinner and we all got busy picking up, changing beds, vacuuming and warming ourselves with all the work. I have just 2 more rooms to vacuum. The children are quietly listening to the latest Arthur Ransome, and I think I will pick up my knitting when I can. Can't wait for my warm, electric blanket!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love that photo! We are getting the 'blizzard' right now, although it's a strong sleet at the moment and very blustery. Clean sheets and a vaccumed house sounds like bliss.