Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18


Michael kindly got up at an unearthly hour to take Laura down for her sedated MRI and doctor's appointment. I spent the morning doing necessary, secret, sewing and we watched a flock of starlings hang out in our front yard, as well as listened to Christmas music. Laura's appointment yielded nothing more conclusive yet, so we will keep waiting. I headed out to my eye surgery follow up and joined a room full of other people with black eyes, waiting their turn with the doctor. One hour later I got my 2 and 1/2 minutes and the all-good sign. One hour of listening to the television in the background constantly rehashing the events from Friday and trying to interview whoever they could. I felt sick thinking about the media standing like gawkers on the sidelines, never giving that town a moment's peace. Home to one of my crockpot dinners I made with friends on Saturday and then we braved the darkness to drive to a local free Christmas Brass concert put on by 5 members of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra. We all enjoyed it very much! Rachel said it was her favorite concert ever. Drove around to see a few lights before heading home to do the dishes in 10 minutes, get the kids to bed and now, now that it is 10 p.m., it is time for some secret Santa knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I don't know what problems Laura has been having, or any of her story, but I really hope you can get some answers and some peace about it. I'm very pleased your eye got the all-clear.

Starting to knit at 10 pm! You are a busy elf.