Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our Week

It's been a busy week around here! We headed up to Chicago on Monday morning to visit with old friends we haven't seen in many, many years. We hung out at a splash park in the afternoon.

 We also spent lots of time talking about flowers since our friend, Rebecca, works at a flower shop. She took me to see the shop and gave me lots of ideas for Emily's wedding.


The next morning we headed downtown to the Lincoln Park Zoo.


It was such a lovely zoo, and free too! All the kids enjoyed each other's company.


The exhibits were well thought out and fun to look at.


Everyone loved getting up close to the polar bear!


A picnic was enjoyed outside the zoo in a beautiful garden.


We managed to get a family picture:


And more pictures of the kids:


Then we headed to the beach which was right there at the edge of the city!


There are few things more relaxing than sitting on the beach.


The kids LOVED it! And it was hard to pull ourselves away when it was time to leave.


Back in Indianapolis we continued our visit with Karen, our friend who is here from Scotland. One evening we went downtown for a little walk.


And we discovered this amazing new candy store on the circle. We'll probably be going back sometime.....


On the way home we were treated to a gorgeous sunset!


Yesterday we went to the IMA Gardens for a picnic.


And then toured Oldfields (the Lily House).


And ended our visit inside the art museum taking in European Art.


And I found a lovely painting of the Scottish Highlands.


School began for our neighbors this week! Can you believe it! We ended the week with a birthday party for several of the children.


Laura quite enjoyed herself. :)

And now for the weekend.......

3 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I love Chicago! The last vacation we took as a family before Stephanie was married was a three day trip to Chicago. So much to see there!

I was going through files today and found Chapter 1 and 2 of your story you sent me. I've wondered where that was!

It is SO good! I felt like I had been in Scotland for Christmas. :)

southseaislandhome said...

Lovely pictures. I always just can't get over how warm and summery it looks. Is that Nate? He looks a bit different if it is. I'm planning on doing your giveaway this week! Trying to build up to it. :o)

Ruth MacC said...

You know, sitting down to your blog is a treat I keep for myself for special occasions. I love comming over. It relaxes me! I just love the photos and all the sunshine! Laura looks great, as do all the children.