Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I really enjoyed Mother's Day this past Sunday. 


We had a yellow-themed lunch. I used my new vintage sheet for a table cloth. Taking a few cues from my mom I went with a flower arrangement that was mostly greens from my garden but added one large flower ($3) to make a statement. I loved it!


After my "menu post" last week you will know that I thoroughly enjoyed the more exciting meal I cooked for Sunday lunch. I made Delia Smith's Marinated Chicken Kebabs and Spiced Pilau Rice. I tried the Fresh Coriander Chutney for the first time and it was amazing!!!! I had to make my creamy beet salad to go alongside because the color is just so incredible. Friends brought the delicious green salad.


I managed to find 3 yellow teacups in the collection to use for dessert.


We ended the meal with this scrumptious Flourless Chocolate Cake, topped with whipped cream and berries instead of the meringue. I used Trader Joe's dark chocolate and it certainly added a whole new dimension to the richness and taste.

Of course the day wouldn't be complete without special little cards and homemade presents from my kids. I love watching their creativity develop.

No comments: