Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving Day was a delightful day, a gift in itself. We began with brunch with friends, which was really fun!

In the afternoon we headed to Christina's and we all walked to Eagle Creek.

John and Laura got to ride.

The weather has been marvelous and the sun was out!

Craig and Emily -- I'm so behind in blogging that I haven't even mentioned that in October Emily moved to her very own apartment! She's lived with us for 4 1/2 years so it was sad to see her go. But, she has her degree in Occupational Therapy now and a good job at a hospital downtown so it was time to move on to the next step. We miss you Em!! I still think I'll hear the door open and Em come in.

John is too cute!

Mom got off work early, which was nice!!

It was very festive to see so many other family groups out walking!

Christina had the table set so beautifully.

We started with appetizers.

And then moved on to a menu featured in Country Living. It was delicious!!! My favorite was the cornbread stuffing, moister and more flavorful than I've ever had. (oh, and everything was gluten free!!)

Lots of candles!

The kids had their own table in the kitchen.

Here is my dinner plate:

And much later we had dessert!

Now I'm wishing we could have a few weeks until Christmas festivities hit, but I don't think that is possible.

1 comment:

Luxury Hotels said...

wow good family and yummy dinner. really good planning and beautiful all pictures. great your idea and superb posting