Friday, May 20, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day seems a long time ago now, but we had a very delightful day. Christina's mother-in-law kindly invited everyone up to her house after church.

The tables were beautifully set and the food was delicious!

Flowers were everywhere:

Here is Christina in her hand-knitted jacket and felted flower:

Karen and Laura:

Lunch consisted of grilled beef and chicken, Thai salad, potato salad, fruit salad, green salad, and green bean salad.

Sharing a meal with others is one of my favorite things ever!


John loved having everyone around:

And all of the kids loved playing outside:

Rachel and Alecia spent some time making music:

And John had his turn on the tractor:

Beautiful things were everywhere:

The best part of the day was enjoying tea and dessert on the big front porch.

And the children had brought cards and gifts.

Christina's father-in-law, away on business, joined in the merriment by phone.

I loved the colors of this gift:

And everyone took home a flower:

Emily and I had fun making tissue paper flowers and they decorated the gifts we took.

Laura enjoyed watching everything.

Here we all are:

Many thanks to Cornelia for hosting us all!

5 comments:

SueJ said...

What a wonderful occasion. I forgot that you do Mothers Day a while after we do here in the UK. I wonder why? Thanks for the comment on our garden. The wind is trying to uproot it at the moment!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh it looks like the most wonderful time. I loved the tractor and it's workers. Fantastic! I love Laura's little sweater and of course Christina's too.
The photo of Karen and Rachel. . nearly had me stumped.

I love the photos of gifts being opened. Your kids are so cute.

Ruth said...

Lovely Heather, just lovely. You know, it doesn't get much better than this...

PHP Programmer said...

Really wonderful occasion. I think your looking perfect for this session,

Antivirus Internet Security said...

All people are looking too good, I think you and your family full enjoy this movements.