Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Visit to the Farm

I took a friend up to the nearby Creamery the other day and we had a nice little visit with the cows.

I love cows, probably because the first years of my life were spent in rural Vermont. My mom used to get milk in a giant gallon-sized round tupperware container, raw milk it was! I'm sure one of the first smells I recognized as a young child was cow smell.

Spring means babies and there are already several calves on the farm.

Can't help but photograph the chickens too. Chickens are incredible artistic and I just love their color schemes and crazy hair-dos.
We are still enjoying warmer weather and the chance to smell the fresh air and get outside. I should probably start some gardening......

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

I am now remembering that I have a pocket full of feathers. Yesterday when grandgirlie and I were walking on the field. .she kept stuffing bird/chicken feathers in my pocket to take home to mommy.
This also reminds me that she reported smelling something common around our farm as she drove over. Someone was cleaning out barns. It seems by the age of 3. ..smells are easily detected. Thanks for the smile.

Andria said...

Looks like such fun! I remember doing these kinds of fields trips as a kid and loving them.