Monday, March 8, 2010

Checkbox Diversion #1

My attention was diverted from my checklist last week by these sweet little Easter baskets. I could not resist making them.

I made several versions:

And it was hard to choose a favorite. Each of the bags was lined in a different fabric that coordinated with the flowers on the outside.

Saturday we took them up to The Village Yarn Shop where they will be waiting for owners. :)

And this morning I'm back to quilting the baby's quilt. But, as soon as I put in my day's worth on that I'll be working on my other diversion.....to be posted soon.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Sooooo cute! Are you on facebook? The Village Yarn Shop has a page. Do you mind if I post one of your Easter basket pictures from this post on the VYS facebbok page?

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Those are adorable. I love the idea of using the same Easter basket each year as one uses a Christmas stocking. These would be perfect for that purpose.

My son is now twenty and I will still put together a basket for him. My sister put together a basket for her daughter until she was in her 30s. (Her only child.) :)

Heather Anne said...

A very very sweet little 'diversion' to be sure! I love the cream against the bright spring flowers - very lovely! I hope they sell quickly and make some little girl feel quite cherished!

Monica said...

Great work, Heather. I'm sure they will fly off of the shelves.

Alaina said...

So cute! I just love them and if I had a little girl, I would want one very much... :)

Ruth MacC said...

I love, love, love these!