Friday, September 25, 2009

The Stove

My stove is fixed!!!! YAY!! Just in time too, because I need to bake a bunch of pies for company tonight.

Having felt deprived of nice, hot dinners in the last 10 days, I decided we needed to remedy that last night. We had pork and beef meatloaf which turned out a perfect consistency and had such a lovely savory taste (no doubt in part to the added grated apple and onion). This was accompanied by parmesan mashed potatoes and cauliflower roasted to crispy, golden perfection. And there was salad with avacado in it. Oh my! It was all SO good. Oh, and Rachel made baked apples for dessert, their brown sugar goodness enjoyed with pools of cream.

In case you are now feeling hungry, just think of all the dishes that were left and all the time it took to cook that. Oh well. It was worth it. It sure felt nice to have a hot dinner.

And now for a day of school and pie baking and tomorrow we celebrate the 5th birthday of James.

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh I do wish I could help make pies today .. my job . . .watch your little kids run the peeler.

have a great day!

Heather Anne said...

Oh yum yum yum! I'm glad you are cooking on all four burners and elements again! Do you think the lightly seasoned with sage bulk sausage that I have in my freezer by the boatload would make a nice beef and pork meatloaf? I never thought of it until you inspired me - again! I did think of it for tortiere at Christmas and it was delightful, so why not! eh?