Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We're Back!

We are back home from a very restful and lovely vacation in Naples, Florida. We were very, very blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy such a vacation and I brought back 686 photos! :) I'll have plenty to post about in the next several days.

We pulled in at 5 p.m. today and I jumped out of the car to run and see the garden. Despite all the rain, and cool temps, the garden has grown and there were cucumbers, squash, our first yellow tomato and a bowl of green beans! Supper consisted of baked eggs, potatoes, green beans cooked with carmelized onions, sesame oil and seeds, and a touch of soy sauce. Oh so good! And salad from the garden with cream dressing. I am so excited that we have a garden.

We are home just in time to help with wedding flowers. The flowers arrive tomorrow around 9 a.m. and we'll be working on them off and on until the wedding Friday evening. We are hitting the ground running! It does help that I was able to return home with clean laundry!!!

Well, I have lots of things to share -- beach pictures, food descriptions, wildlife, kids, shopping, birthdays. It will come, as I have time.

I hope you are all well! I see I have 186 posts to catch up on over at Google Reader!!! I'll be reading, but probably not commenting, until I'm caught up.

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. It is good to have you all back though! We'll have a fun August! Indiana State Fair here we come!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Welcome home! I was wondering if you were home when the storms hit.

It was bad here but worse in your area.

Your picture makes me want to take off in the car for the beach. :)

Monica said...

It looks just amazing, Heather! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jessica said...

Glad to have you back! Can't wait to see how it was.

Ruth MacC said...

The photo looks nice, welcome home!