Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Standing at the door of 2009, I feel as though there are many uncertainties hiding in the shadows of the year ahead. In recent days I have found much comfort in the following verses, and am carrying them with me into the days that lie ahead:

"Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?
Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?

For from him and through him and to him are all things.

To him be glory forever.
Amen."

Romans 11:33-36

2 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Heather. . .yes, I agree this coming year seems to be holding many uncertanties for various reasons. . .I do hope that your year is filled with many blessings from the one who loves you most. . .

Heather Anne said...

Heather, as I was searching for a passage that might comfort a friend who is on the brink of financial disaster, I saw this passage and it just blessed my heart to be reminded that we can seek the wisdom of God in all situations - even when it seems hopeless to us. 'Oh the depth' - I get the feeling that on most days we are just skimming the surface and barely understanding all the He has in store for us! Thank you for sharing your heart.