Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend in Review

Somehow, with the start of school, it seems that there is no time to blog anymore. Maybe part of the problem is the amount of pictures I want to upload and the time it takes to do so.

Fall is slowly beginning to show its beautiful face around here. The temperature has finally dropped back down to the 70's and low 80's with even cooler temps in the evenings and mornings. Right now there are huge, puffy white clouds rolling over head against a background of September blue.

I did have two opportunities in recent days to take a walk through the woods. The trail is flanked by a beautiful show of yellows and purple. Together, these colors make an outstanding combination --so much better in real life than when brought inside.



With all my talk of no time, somehow I did find time to make or finish two bags last week! I felt that urge to do so -- something inside of my crying out to be creative. Creativity refreshes me.

I've been wanting to try this recipe for sometime. It is a Potato-Summer Squash Torte and I highly recommend it.

Sunday I was home with a sick child and 3 possibly-sick children. I wanted a nice Sunday dinner. I did not feel like cooking a nice Sunday dinner. So many times I mentally slump over at the thought of beginning the preparations, and carrying through with, a big dinner. However, I am usually very grateful that I plunged in. This Sunday I was very grateful.
We had the potato and summer squash torte (which was really very easy, just a bunch of chopping), tilapia with an oriental sauce, and a fresh salad with a made up ranch dressing.

Proper Sunday dinner means dessert, in one form or another. This week it was baked peaches with a bit of leftover toffee sauce spooned over at the end of baking.

In case you're wondering, it didn't take long for the house to get back to normal after the festivities last week. :)

Andrew begins soccer (football) tonight. I am anticipating wedding flowers for Thursday and Friday, trying hard to get my head around just what we'll be doing. And of course I'm looking forward to Stephanie's wedding on Saturday. In the mean time, I must get back to work..... :)

3 comments:

Heather Anne said...

I hope everyone is feeling much better today - I've been missing your posts, but understand the business - I'm right there with you! I'm just catching my breath, trying to figure out what to do with a disobedient girl and an irreplaceable (shattered all over a messy bedroom) bi-plane light fixture - along with an inconsolable little boy. Stirring Nanny's chili sauce every 6 minutes without fail in between it all! Praying for wisdom and strength.

willow said...

So I'm not the only one struggling to find time to blog then!
I like the bag, lovely material.

Anonymous said...

Dinner looks yummy, but the bag wins the prize for being my highlight of this post, my favorite yet I think!