Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Weekend in Color

It was Memorial Day weekend here in the States this past weekend. It was lovely weather -- not too hot, and not too cold. We were able to enjoy the outdoors quite a bit.
Saturday afternoon found my sister Emily and me sipping coffee in a nearby town:

I love the lovely store-fronts:
And the window boxes:
And the bright paint!
Early summer flavors of lemon, tomato, and basil. I love pasta mixed with lemon zest and some parmesan cheese on which I put a piece of pan-fried chicken topped with a mixture of tomatoes, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Lovely!
Baby Cakes enjoying the holiday and trying to join in with his siblings:


Our first watermelon of the year! Perfect for our Memorial Day Picnic at a local park:

Saying goodbye to a beautiful day.

5 comments:

Alaina said...

How fun! And your pasta sounds delicious!

Jessica said...

sounds like good fun! i love the trike, i think eliot is ready for something with pedals.. im itching for a good yardsale :)

SueJ said...

Super pictures!

Karen Reyburn said...

that last photo is so poignant. i love it. it's one of those photos that takes a moment and stretches it out a bit :) love ya!

Niall MacC said...

Hi Heather, I am enjoying taking my time going through your blog/diary! Your photos are amazing and your family look really nice***
I also had a look at your mum's blog. She has really worked at her gift of painting and sketching over the years.
Ruth