Friday, May 23, 2008

Mr. Frog

Back at the pond the other evening we discovered Mr. Frog. He was very green and nice and big. I was happy to find him. But, he didn't seem to want to move, even when prodded lightly with a stick. Fed up, he finally turned on the stick and tried to attack it. So much for a jumping frog.

We could find no sign of the Geese, and I'm beginning to worry that Papa and Mama Goose were scared away from their nest. I hope we find out otherwise. Maybe their babies hatched and they took them away somewhere else.

And then, checking on our nest, I was very disappointed to discover this:

It appears that someone came and ate the little blue egg that was in the nest. Maybe next time we will find some happier news in the woods.

2 comments:

Heather Anne said...

It's hard when we encounter sad disappointment's in nature - I try to remind the children that this wasn't part of God's plan for His beautiful creation, but that even this world is groaning under the weight of man's sin. I do hope Mr. & Mrs. Goose return to the pond soon. Perhaps they took their gosling's to flight school or for swimming lessons! Things happen much faster in nature - I'm glad our babies don't grow up quite as quickly!

Lovella ♥ said...

The other day I was going to sneak into take a picture of a nest that was in the shrubs right by the houe. . when I parted the bush, the babies all flew out. . it scared the dickins out of my .. I wont' be peeking again anytime soon.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to teach the kids with such practical visual aids.