Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Makeover

With a quieter week at home, I've been able to get another "jumper" finished for Rachel:

Here's what it began life as: a woman's nightdress. I decided to monopolize on the buttonholes already made and turn that into the front of the jumper. In retrospect, it may have looked better in the back, but the pattern called for buttons in the front.

I was also able to cut the skirt of the nightdress in such a way as to keep the nice little lace trimming at the bottom (which you can't see in the above picture).


In any case, Rachel is pleased, and has decided she likes this one better than the last one. (I really liked the pink one, oh well).

3 comments:

Monica said...

Well done. I'm always amazed at people's vision- to envision a project like this and then to see it through to completion.

Unknown said...

I love how you kept the lace at the bottom and button edge! Great job. I guess I like this one better because of those sweet details. But H, you've always been a pink person! That's why you like the pink one better! =)

SueJ said...

Pretty!