Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Break

It's Spring Break for Emily! And, as an added bonus, she is leaving one day late for her school trip to DC. That means she actually got to have one day of Spring Break all for herself. But, she kindly shared it with us -- first, by cooking a lovely breakfast for us all, and second by going with her sisters out for coffee.
We tried a different coffee store today -- a "non-chain" coffee shop, which was refreshing.
There was lots of knitting, and lots of talking,
lots of sipping,
and lots more knitting.
And here's a picture of Christina's new hand-dyed yarn (spun and dyed herself!)
And here we all are. I must say, I am so thankful God has blessed me with sisters! They are the best!


And just for the comparison, here we are at the last Spring Break -- note the difference in weather. Yes, we are still enduring the last (?) blasts of winter weather.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
Nice to see your sisters - you can kinda tell!! :o) What a blessing to have them near by. That wool looks beautiful - I'm just now starting to look out some winter patterns for the children. Thinking about Ginny today heading this way.
Rachel from NZ

Catherine said...

How fun! I wish I had sisters!

Unknown said...

H -- I think we need to do that every month or every 6 weeks. It was so relaxing and sooooo much fun. I love laughing with you and Em -- it's the best! Love ya!

PS -- we should have an "Adopt-a-sister" outing for those who don't have sisters.

Karen Reyburn said...

Sisters are the best. Your next step is the full scale "Sister Weekend"! If me and my four sisters (three of them married with at least 2 children each) can do it then so can you!! :)

Karen Winslow said...

Hi Heather. It is great to see the photos! You all look so happy & I love the wool pocketbook. All of your projects are really neat! Love, Aunt Karen